I hope your last thought gets to be, "Holy Crap, That's Awesome."

5/12/10

rambled

So time is flying yet again and this whole blogging thing is getting away from me. Everytime I think of something I want to write about I'm inevitably in my car... which is a shitty place to have ideas because I never have a pen, paper or the attention span to think about more than the dick-headed drivers on the road.

Needless to say, I've bee a little lax in my updating of this- but hello again dear reader.

Let me sum up the past few weeks/months/however long for you.




1) My job (the daytime one that I dread and still feel like doing well, no matter how tedious and hairpulling it my be sometimes):

whos the boss Pictures, Images and Photos
Who's the Boss indeed.

They fucked me over a little and I've taken that as a sign that this job is going to be shorter than the majority of Joss Whedons TV ventures.





2) My apartment (I moved!)

Photobucket
Isnt my place cuuuuute?

I love the new place, living with Joe in basically a conod-type space with two master suites and a large kitchen and a decent sized living room.

Photobucket
Me and Joe at brunch!

We dont have TV but with the magic of technology we do have streaming netflix which might be the best invention ever. EVER.

Photobucket
We got to paint and decorate like mad. Love it.





3) Friends

Last year at this time I was starting to hang out with a little gaggle of people that eventually (over a bout six months) turned into my very own urban family. At this point, the fmaily has had a divorce that has still scarred the children.

Photobucket

Sure, we all still like one another, but we dont really talk about what happened. I look back at our cook outs and parties and move nights with fondness and a little bit of sadness because we were all amazed, even at the time, that we had found somethng so profoundly special.

Photobucket

Without going into gorey details, suffice it to say that we all went a little crazy on one another. Over worked, under slept, too much romance, too little sincerity, too much trust... or some combination of those things on all our parts.

Photobucket

And outside of all that messiness of the gang's break-up, I miss it. I miss going to things and goofing around and laughing my fricken face off and having a family here. I think seeing everyone content in what they are up to now is great- but it's not the same.

Photobucket

I guess I'm not as content. I miss having people I can count ono and call and spend time with. But I guess that's part of growing up, too. Another crappy part of it. Things change- like it or not, people change, too.


4) Me!

I'm 26 now, which I think I wrote an entry about... I'm dating a guy I like. I'm happy in this relationship. He makes me laugh til my face hurts and makes me feel warm and snuggly (and sexy... you know, like a lady). He's in grad school and just as busy as I am- so we spend a lot of our time together trying to hang out but end up napping on one another by accident.

Photobucket
Joe snapped a photo of us as we were trying to watch Little Britain but passed out instead...

I'm looking for a new job, or atleast playing with my resume enough in my sparse spare time that I'm convincing myself I'm actually looking.

I'm thinking about grad school, about just saying fuck-it and quitting my job to work freelance... I'm also thinking about my bills and my debt and blah blah blah.

Being reasonable and rational comes with age, I guess. A couple years ago I would have quit my job and flown off to try somethig new by now.

Instead I'm thinking about my utility bill and the fact that I'm going to need new break pads soon. Is that mature of me or what?

And also lame. how lame.

Figuring out what I want to do from here with life is weird. It's like I'm ready for change but too scared and busy and tired to really put anything into motion... and honestly, I dont even know what I really want anymore.


So I guess that's step one- figure out what I want. Step two- make it so. (Thank you Picard.)


5) Saksas

My cousins came to visit me! It was wonderful and as expected a little awkward.

But I love them. They are growing up to be quite the smartass little genius' that I suspected they might.

Photobucket
At the Hollywood Sign Grass Bowl with Dave and Steph




6) Film

I've been working freelance and as a volunteer on a number of movies... and it's been great. I've missed doing it. I designed a couple short films and have been trying to put together some music videos.

Photobucket
A scene I designed from a recent film

I really want to pursue making more movies... I love it and I miss it when I'm not doing it. I should take more photos of my work, though. I'm terrible about it. All my portfolio stuffs are from others that give me records. I really should do better- and I will. I'm totally about working more, no matter the crazy hours or the little sleep... this morning I got up at 4:30 to be on set before I went to my day job for nine hours and it was worth it.

Sadly, thats my life right now. Bustin' ass, taking names and getting sleep when I can. I guess that's not so sad- and maybe I do have more direction for my future than I thought.


7) That is all I have to say for today. End Transmission.

No comments: