I hope your last thought gets to be, "Holy Crap, That's Awesome."

7/4/06

celebrated

Today is the fourth of July.

I am going to Jeff's house to celebrate with his girlfriend, Derek and Joe. It is strange. Kendra is gone to Arizona- and I am a little more than relieved.

I have been so annoyed with her- my stress level is through the roof and having her attitude about everything get worse and worse and worse, I just want to scream and push her out of the car.

and- I guess I just want to vent and relax and not think about the e-mail I have yet to recieve and the possibilities andthe scary things that are just around the corner.

There are no eal fireworks here. It feels less like a Holiday here- since every day in hot and sunny and beachworthy. At home day like that it rare and is pretty much declaired a holiday anyway,but you can always expect it on the fourth- but this year it seems like a nothing day. They play "Born in the USA" on the radio.

Great.


______

I am home. We barbequed. We played trivial pursuit (I came in second and am sorely dissapointed in myself, it was a close race there at the end). We drank Lemonade and watched the end of the Italy/Germany game.

At one point one of the questions was, "What color did Crayola create in the 90's inspired from the song, 'America the Beautiful'?" And so we all started humming it and then singing it and then laughing.

It was a bad movie moment, but it was honestly the most I've felt at home here. It felt nice to be singing the cheezy song that reminds me of singing in the car with Sara, Mom and Tom- I just felt better I guess.

It was the most patriotic I've felt in years.




By the way, the answer is: "Purple Mountains Majesty"- you may have thought it was "Amber Waves of Grain", but you'd be wrong.

No comments: