I hope your last thought gets to be, "Holy Crap, That's Awesome."

7/5/06

read

this list is for my sister, who enjos terribly awesome books just as much as I do.

I have been doing a lot of reading of bad books- and here are a few you need to pick up. (Okay I've been on a Vampire kick, sue me.)


1. Twightlight, by Stephanie Meyer:
It's a vampire book, the first three or four chapters almost killed me- but it was worth it. I liked it, a lot more than I should have.

2. Blood Ties: The Turning, by Jennifer Armintrout:
Vampires, Vampire Politics, Dark like Blake only less sex and more plot.

3. Full Moon Rising, by Keri Arthur:
Vampires, Warewolves, you name it. I heard it on tape- and the Australian accents really make it. Otherwise it'd be pretty mediocre and over-sexed. But no where near the Blake level.

4. Undead series, by Mary Janice Davidson:
Like Stephanie Plum, only sillier and about vampires. My cup of tea.

5. Sloppy Firsts; Second Helpings; Charmed Thirds, by Megan McCaffery:
Non-Vampiric. This series is really great. Just trust me, ignore the cover art and read it.

thats all for now.

2 comments:

the V said...

i am perfectly willing to give any kate-recommends a chance. especially of the vampiric blatantly beach read variety just now.

though, i must admit, that summer in chicago when i did nothing but bitch and read library books, i read sloppy firsts and secondhelpings. i remember liking it, but in a sea of novels overwhelming my depsressing and suddenly empty life, i dont remember much more. i never said how much it meant for me to be there. for you to be there. to tolerate me at one of my lowest weakest most selfloathing periods. but you were. and i'll never express how much that means.

Kateless said...

Re-read the sloopy firsts series. It's really really good.

The second book made me feel like life is good and has possibilities.

I love you missy. those days weere some of my favorites because... well, it felt like home and I needed that.