I hope your last thought gets to be, "Holy Crap, That's Awesome."

7/9/06

starred

This weekend I went and saw Pirates- so much fun! I really enjoyed it.

After the amazingly light fun peice of Johnny D. I went to the bathroom and ran into Gary Oldman. His accent was wonderful, and he looked older- but happy with a little five year old asking him all the innane questions that usually come from a five year olds mouth.

It was fun, today I went to the flea market on Fairfax and was shooping around in the little bodegas and tents. While rummaging through some really hideous dresses in hopes of finiding one that wasnt so hideous- I heard a voice I recognized but couldnt place.

I looked up and next to me was a tiny waif of a girl with a gruff yet peircing voice. Parker Posey was rummaging in the same tiny tent, on the same dirty rack as me. She had on enourmous sunglasses and a dress that would make Mary-Kate Olsen's taste seem bland.

She was yelling to one of her friends about belts and broaches. I paused, stared for a second and then realized that she was really standing next to me. Then I continued to rummage.

Somehow star watching isnt nearly so exciting out here. It's everyday.

Seeing "Steve" from Sex and the City in Chicago was HUGE.

Outhere it's impossible to go anywhere and not see someone famous. It's strange that it's become normal.


It is strange though, to note how very normal celebrities are. It shouldnt be a shock- but somehow knowing a celebrity has holes in their sock, too makes it all the more interesting.

No comments: