I hope your last thought gets to be, "Holy Crap, That's Awesome."

9/17/07

born

Last night I had a dream about my life- about my life in two, five, ten years...

I was me, and I was in a house that over looked a lake with waves that you could hear from the bedroom.

In that bedroom I sat in a rocking chair and held my baby. My daughter- who was so vivid and beautiful I could smell her skin and feel her hair- light brown and so soft it fell through my fingers, her eyes were huge and blue - they were Jimmy's eyes. She was te most beautiful baby I've ever seen. She ahs no name, though. Not yet.

In the room my sister stood over a crib, only Sara was taller, with a short bob of a hair cut- she smiled down into the crib and pulled out her own child. A little girl, too. With dark red hair and brown eyes. The baby had such white skin with rosy little cheeks-


Sara and I sat with a lamp on, and the waves rushed out the window and Jimmy was on the stairs, climbing to say hello and Sara and I sat. And smiled. And were silent.

Jimmy brought in hat for the babies, hats that wee put on their heads and suddenly the image of me holding my daughter wearing that hat, sitting next to my sister and my neice was a photo in my hands and I was onlder. Much older- telling a story about that day- pointing to the hat in the photo and saying how Jimmy bought it because September was so cold that year- but beautiful. How it was abeautiful fall that year.

No comments: