I hope your last thought gets to be, "Holy Crap, That's Awesome."

2/16/08

eclipsed

I don't have words for the feeling that is building so I'm going to borrow others.

Just lovely.



Children run so fast/Toward the future/From the past/There they stand/Making footprints in the sand/And forever, hand in hand...
-Ragtime



"We must live through the dreary winter
If we would value the spring;
And the woods must be cold and silent
Before the robins sing.
The flowers must be buried in darkness
Before they an bud and bloom,
And the sweetest, warmest sunshine
Comes after the storm and gloom."
- Anonymous


"To be happy is to be able to become aware of oneself without fright."
-?

"In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer"
-A. Camus



"With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity."
-K. Nair



"If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change."
-Buddha




Tonight was the lunar eclipse. I remember the last one I saw and it has been imprinted in me as one of the most serene and awed moments of my growing up. Tonight's was just as amazing and it made me miss my sister and remember how tangible wonder can be.




I am so close to the wood's edge that I can see the moon clearly- all I need is to take those few steps to be back into myself again. I am terrified and energized and so blissfully happy to be where I am at.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Because of your text message, I ended up putting a coat, hat, and scarf on over my pajamas and heading outside. Then Ian Richardson called me, and I told him to go outside. And we had a whole half hour phone conversation (with him telling me I'm an idiot and I shouldn't see Brian) with both of us outside, freezing, staring at the moon (from Lansing and Chicago).

It really was neat. Thanks.