I hope your last thought gets to be, "Holy Crap, That's Awesome."

5/9/08

taught (II)

Update on the Co-worker situation:

She was not fired. She was 'talked to', shown the video of the incident and then scolded (and I think written up). Tough punishment, huh?

I am boggled by all this and am ready to seriously put the smack down on her.

In brighter news, this week was teacher appreciation week.

I'd been told by 'C' that last year she got nothing from any of the parents, and not to expect anything. Other classes, she said, usually got gift certificates and food and stuff- but she told me that the parents in our room always suck.


Sadly, for her- this years results just made the point that she sucks.

The parents got us (By us I mean me, I like to think that all the gifts were sent with me in mind. Selfish? Egotistical? Maybe.) the following awesomeness.

A huge sheet cake, candy apples, bath and body goodie basket, a movie night goodie basket with candy and a blockbuster gift certificate, a stack of big boxes of candy with another blockbuster gift certificate, a Starbucks gift certificate, a big bag of lifesavers candy (get it?), a bouquet of cookies, a big box of cookies, a handmade card with candy and another bath and body collection of sprays and lotions...

From these gifts I got the following information from my parents:

1) They know I like food
2) They know I like movies
3) They think I stink?
4) They want to fatten me up
5) I am appreciated!

I love the kids in my class and I think they have terrific parents.

The Teacher

On the flip side, I hate my co-worker and am devising a plan to get her fired.



Update concluded.

No comments: