I hope your last thought gets to be, "Holy Crap, That's Awesome."

1/6/09

spamed

So, often I think:

"Kate, that's a terrific idea! You're a genius." And decide to do something that turns out to be one of two things.

1) Amazing, like it came from the lips of a Greek god
2) Stupid, like it came from a urine soaked bum

In 2009 I have tried (in so many days) to not do anything that falls into category #2. Sadly, today breaks that streak.

You see, dear reader (all... well, two of you) I got a Christmas present from my best friend Sharriese. She was super awesome (unlike me), in our poor youth, to send her friends (me) gifts this year. She sent a very nice handmade card with a anime-type portrait of me along with four sets of cute earrings and a big slogan saying, "Yo Style is Fresh!"

Which is hysterical and a pleasant card to get.

So having these new spangly earrings I decide I should wear them... mind you I had my ears pierced in three places in 2002 and two places in 2005 and then I let all my piercings close because they were a hassle and kept getting infected because I am allergic to metals.  

Does that matter to me when faced with cute new earrings? No.

Instead I decide to re-pierce my ears myself in the bathroom.

SON OF A BITCH.

My ears, while cute and stylish, are ever increasing shades of red. I fear I will wake up with crusty grossness and ugly over-sized infected lobes.

Worth it?

Probly not.

Still keeping the earrings in?

You betcha.

Photobucket

Am I an idiot at 25?

For sure.

Do I really need to be super sophisticated and make good choices every second of every day?
Maybe... and no.



Life is odd. I know the consequences and yet I cant seem to  control my inner eleven year old telling me how pretty I'll look. Honestly, my head is so big even the huge ass earrings I'm wearing look tiny. So, really- the effect is minimal. But I enjoy it. The little thing that it is with the annoying and painful consequence... I'll take it today.



I also have the urge to take a pair of scissors to my hair... but I'll save that for another urine-soaked-bum idea moment.

3 comments:

Kateless said...

umm... I cant get the GD picture resized to actually show my earring. help?

Angela said...

Can't help you on the pic... But I can commiserate. I JUST made the mistake a couple days ago of leaving in some cheap earrings over night. My right ear is now red and disgusting, and my newly short hair does not appropriately cover it. SO NOT COOL.

Heidi Renée said...

I would not have the guts to do that to myself. Do you still have your nose pierced? I let my navel piercing grow back after it got infected a few years ago and now I really miss it. I keep telling myself I'll get it redone after I lose some weight, but then I just get fatter. Boo.