I hope your last thought gets to be, "Holy Crap, That's Awesome."

7/19/06

learned

I went to the pool this morning and tanned a little- tried not to be too anxious for my trip in the morning and swam a little.


People who lay by the pool are usually doing one of three things:

-Sleeping
-Reading
-Watching evryone else

I like to listen to audiobooks on my ipod and turn over ever ten to fifteen minutes (as not to burn).

Toady instead I mostly watched people be selfconcious. It is very heartening to know that everyone feels that twinge of nerves before they take off their clothes to reveal whatever body they have been graced with. It is universal.


The one thing that is saved solely for LA are the people who sit by the pool with books that are obviously not thiers, and they pretend to be studious.

A guy, tan, buff, tall- was lounging by the pool with a copy of "Catcher in the Rye". He started out by pretending to read, while watching others and then as I was leaving he looked like was really trying to read the words on the page.

How did I know?

His lips were moving and he looked very confused.

Somehow, I found it endearing.

No comments: