I hope your last thought gets to be, "Holy Crap, That's Awesome."

7/17/06

rotted

I have lived in LA for seven weeks. I still have no job, but am looking everywhere- for now, though I am doing just fine

The fridge inmy food though, is not as happy.

Somehow when I go grocerey shopping, I dont eat the food I buy. Like my mother before me- when all i have in the fridge is a gallon of milk- it isnt enough. I need bread and cheese and cereal and all these things I dont happen to have.

When my fridge is full, I dont eat anyof it. The bag of salad goes black in the back of the crisper drawer, the cheese has a chunk out of it and then slowly hardens on the edges utnil mold creeps in little tiny spots like Jack Sparows hand.

The eggs just sit, and I wonder how long it really takes for them to start to smell (recalling a Calvin and Hobbes comic) and realize I dont think I want to know. The hamburger meat truns brown overnight like the banana that sit untouched.

I am a food hoarder. When I dont have any food in my house I am starving and would kill for a simple sandwich- when my cupboards are stocked, I am happy as a clam, I dont eat very often and I forget that some of the things need to be eaten or they will stink up my house.

I have a wierd thing, I think, about food in the fridge. I want it to stay there. I want to know that it is there. It is comforting somehow.


And yet I have the problem with it going bad.

Is that very strange?

No comments: