I hope your last thought gets to be, "Holy Crap, That's Awesome."

7/12/06

told

So.


It turns out that my smooth conversation with mom last night about my choices and everything... about he and I, about growing up was for nothing.

I told her everything... accept that I had already bought a ticket and was leaving in a week to see him.

She told me she was happy for me. Happy that I was happy. She told me that she thinks he's my Gary.

I cried, she cried. It was great.

Dad was something I was going to have to broach another night... and we hung up wishing eachother the best and to talk soon.


Little did I know that soon was this morning at 8:30, the crack of fricken dawn- with her yelling at me:

"You're leaving on the 20th?! I just got a currier here with boarding passes for you! What is this?"

I replied sleepily, "It's early here, mom- and we talked about this last night." Hoping she would accept that and stop yelling like Judy.

"You did not tell me you had already bought a ticket- dated, THE ELEVENTH!" (Yesterday)

"Well, I did. It's not going to be long." I said sitting up in bed and trying to wake up enough to concentrate-

"You're coming back the 25! Five days!" I said nothing and probably yawned.

"Where do you want me to send these?" Her voice calmed and I could hear Tom in the background.

I remember telling her my address and saying again how early it was here and then I woke up an hour later with my alarm, trying to figure out if it was a dream or a nightmare- or both.



I have yet to call home today, to... check up on things. I dont know exactly what is going on. But, then- if she didnt kill me over the phone... it cant be that bad.

No comments: