I hope your last thought gets to be, "Holy Crap, That's Awesome."

11/21/08

decided

I've decided to live for me. To live without regret. To live without worry. To live in the here and the now and the Kate.

I will be turning 25 in a two weeks. My life is a quarter (give or take) over, and I'm just learning all these things about the world and how I fit into that puzzle.

I love people. I love freely and openly and warmly- and it gets me hurt sometimes and gets others hurt sometimes too.
I hurt people with my words and sometimes my actions. Some hurt is worse than others. I easily forgive myself and never make the same mistake twice.
I am terrible with money. I need to be rich.
I disregard the bad in people and things- sure the bad stinks and I can complain about it- but I believe people are better.
I dont believe in fate, or destiny- I believe in choice- that every minute choice compounds into your whole life into a trail of infinite decisions.
I know that I can be better- I have let myself go before- let my carelessness rule me- and I know that I am better than that.
I dont have regrets- I think that anything you regret is a waste of time- make a change, make a choice, if it's not right start again.
I love being in this body- all my life I have thought something wasnt quite right about me- but it is!! I am perfect, and I almost missed it.
I need to live near my friends and or family. I love them, I need support, I need fun, I need connections to others.
I am compassionate and I almost feel other peoples emotions stronger than my own. Why you cry, I cant help it either.
I like to get my way, but mostly only after I have to fight for it.
My job defines me for me, my success makes me feel like I'm making my life worth something.
I know that when I am jobless my life isnt worthless, but feel like I need to be working to really FEEL it.
I love singing and it is something I'm going to do all the time for me.
I am a woman. I am working on being the best me possible.
I love working, I love to accomplish things. I love to be in motion.
When I stop moving I feel lost.
I am bad at keeping secrets.


That sums me up. 25 years in the making and that's what I'd got.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I can't believe I didn't comment on this post. I really enjoyed it. Thank you for your openness.